The Havens Weekly Draw Terms & Conditions
All profits from The Havens Weekly Draw go directly towards the care provided at Fair Havens Adult Hospice and Little Havens Hospice.
1. New members will be sent a unique randomly selected draw number(s) created by approved secure computer software.
The Havens Weekly Draw Office may reject an application at their discretion, if they consider they have enough reason to do so. The applicant would have the right to appeal against such a decision, by contacting the Havens Weekly Draw Office.
Members must be over 16 and resident in Great Britain (excluding The Channel Islands and Isle of Man).
2. All subscriptions received at a minimum of £1 per week payable in advance will be entered into the weekly draw using the unique draw number. The draw will normally take place each Friday*.
Monthly subscriptions of £4.34 include 34p which accumulates and funds the 13th week, which occurs every three months.
* We reserve the right, subject to holidays and unforeseen circumstances to change the draw date without notice. If a draw is delayed it will take place as soon as possible and before the next weekly draw.
3. The current weekly prize fund is £1500:
- 1st Prize: £1000
- 2nd Prize: £200* (*Rollover)
- 3rd Prize: £50
- 4th Prizes: £10 x 5
- 5th Prizes: £5 x 40.
4. ‘Rollover’ Prize – the £200 prize will be entered into a separate draw. As well as those members who are ‘in credit’, this draw will include members who have been in the draw in the past, but whose entries have been cancelled, or have lapsed, plus any void or unallocated entry numbers. If the prize is won by an entry which is in credit for that week, the prize will be paid. But if the winning number drawn is NOT in credit, then the prize will NOT be won, and the value will be carried forward to the following week. For each week the prize is not won, it will rollover until it is won. This procedure will continue up to 50 weeks, at which point the rollover prize becomes£10,000. For the draw that week only, the rollover draw will only be made amongst the members in credit for that week, thus guaranteeing that the prize is won.
5. Prize winners are notified by post within 1 week of the draw taking place which will include the relevant cheque. Weekly winning numbers are published on our website www.havenshospices.org.uk.Unclaimed cheques will be kept for a minimum of 6 months; any cheques not cashed after this date will be treated as a donation.
6. Payment methods may be made calendar monthly, quarterly, half-yearly or annually by Direct Debit, Standing Order (existing payments only), cheque and via our website.
7. Full payment must be received either in the form of cash or cleared funds before the member’s unique number is entered into the draw.
8. Multiple entries - to encourage sensible gambling the number of lottery numbers per regular player, per week, is limited to 20. If you wish to buy more than 20 regular entries please contact us prior to your application.
9. We promise to comply with all Data Protection Act requirements and protect personal data - we NEVER sell details to any third parties, as well as storing securely bank information provided. It will be appreciated by members that Havens Hospices cannot accept liability for the loss or delays in or theft of any communication sent by post, email or fax, or for any delays in the banking system.
10. Members may cancel their membership at any time by contacting The Havens Weekly Draw Office. If the membership is in credit, the unique draw number will be entered into the appropriate number of draws until the credit expires, after which the membership will be cancelled. Any credit of less than £1 remaining after cancellation will be treated as a donation. For those members paying via standing orders, they must contact their bank to cancel the future payments.
11. It is the responsibility of the player to advise us of any change of address or any other membership details deemed necessary.
12. Deceased members – where a member is reported to us as deceased, and there is remaining lottery credit, the number will continue to be entered into the draw until the credit expires. Any winnings during this period will be made payable to the Executor. When there is no remaining credit the membership will be cancelled. Alternatively, we will accept instructions from an Executor or next of kin to:• Change the name on the membership• Cancel and refund any remaining credit• Cancel and donate any remaining credit to Havens Hospices.
13. An instruction to be self-excluded, (as defined in the Gambling Act 2005), from The Havens Weekly Draw or any Havens Hospices one-off Prize Draws may be submitted in writing to the Havens Weekly Draw Office or by using the Weekly Draw Self Exclusion Form.docx which can be printed. Customers wishing to use this facility will not be able to re-join the lottery for a minimum of 6 months from the date of exclusion, and the date can be extended. No promotional material will be sent during this time and also afterwards unless you request and agree to receiving this information.
14. The Gambling Act 2005 confirms that Havens Hospices has a statutory duty to verify that members and potential members are 16 or over, which is the minimum age allowed for anyone to join The Havens Weekly Draw. It is an offence for anyone under the age of 16 years to participate in a lottery type draw. Havens Hospices will, where appropriate, carry out checks to verify this requirement, if necessary, including seeking confirmation from relevant Agencies who can provide such information. Should a prize winner be found to be under the age of 16, The Havens Weekly Draw Office will refund their entry money and withhold any prize awarded.
15. Havens Hospices is a member of The Hospice Lotteries Association (HLA), which on behalf of their members makes a financial contribution towards the Responsible Gambling Trust begambleaware.org an organisation with the sole aim of fundraising to assist with problem gambling. The Hospice Lotteries Association website www.hospicelotteries.org.uk has a page dedicated to Be Gamble Aware and also to GAMCARE www.gamcare.org.uk, the leading organisation that provides practical help to problem gamblers.
16. Havens Hospices is required by its Operating License to inform customers about what happens to funds which are held on account in the unlikely event of insolvency (http://www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/for-the-public/Your-rights/Protection-of-customer-funds.aspx). Customer funds are held by Havens Hospices in a separate UK bank account with National Westminster Bank Plc and are subject to financial management controls which ensurethat the balance on the account always remains above the total value of customer funds held. These funds are not protected in the unlikely event of insolvency, and the customer will not be able to access any such funds in this eventuality. This meets the Gambling Commission’s requirements for the segregation of customer funds at the level of “Not protected (with segregation of funds)”.
17. All complaints and disputes will be dealt with in accordance with our policy, a copy of which is available from the Havens Weekly Draw Office. In the event a complaint or dispute cannot be resolved then it will be referred to arbitration. As a member of the Hospice Lotteries Association this will be The Independent Betting Adjudication Service Ltd (IBAS).
18. Membership to The Havens Weekly Draw is open to all staff, volunteers and their families.
19. Havens Hospices reserves the right to amend or modify these terms and conditions without notice.
20. There is a 1 in 400 chance of winning a prize in the Havens Hospices lottery every week.